Little Girls Reversible Pinafore Dress
This course is for you, it is a a lovely project to make a little girls reversible pinafore dress ages 2-6 years. You will learn how to join side-seams. Bag out the neck and armholes and grade the curved seams to allow a smooth curve.
Tutor: Wendy Turner
Aims of the course:
To teach you all the skills you need to become confident with dressmaking.
- Cut out a commercial pattern
- Read a pattern
- Understand terms used
- Cut your fabric correctly
- Methods of putting your garment together
- Tips on which seams to use and where
- Correct pressing techniques
- Professional finishing hints and tips
- Bag out neck and armholes
- Add a decorative top stitch to the neck and armholes
- Apply a hem binding correctly
- Also make buttonholes
- 70cm of main fabric (maybe needlecord)
- 70cm of contrasting fabric for the reversible side of the dress
- 1.2 m x 3cm matching bias binding
- Matching thread
- 2 buttons
We can provide sewing machines but would prefer you to bring your own if possible.
Materials are available to purchase in store.
Tea, coffee and biscuits included in your lesson, but you do need to bring a pack lunch to this class.
This class will be running Wednesday 31st January & Thursday 1st March 2018